As a company with security and privacy at the heart of our core beliefs, we take your privacy very seriously.
mit messenger. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ever ask you to provide any information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
mit messenger uses and provides the user’s personal information based on the user’s consent, and actively guarantees the user’s right (the right to control one’s own personal information).
mit messenger complies with applicable laws, personal information protection regulations and guidelines of the Republic of Korea, which must be obeyed by information communication service providers.
- mit messenger collects minimum personal information to provide the Services. The following minimum personal information is collected when the user signs up for the service or while the user uses the Services, through the home page, individual applications and programs, and etc.
- Phone number & country code: This is your unique identifier for use of the Services and to identify the base country in which the User operates from, so we can provide appropriate customer support.Phone IMEI (to be converted so that the unique information of the user’s device cannot be identified)
If you contact our support desk, the User may wish to provide additional information at their own discretion.
- Information required to provide the fundamental features of the concerned service.
When collecting personal information, mit messenger informs the fact to the user in advance and asks for an agreement. Personal information is collected using the following method:
- Additional information which needs to be collected to provide more specialized services. (Users still can use the Services without agreeing to provide additional information.)
The user agrees to the collection of personal information and enters relevant information when signing up for a service or while the user uses the Services.
Personal information is provided through affiliated services or groups.
Personal information is provided via the home page, email, fax, phone, etc. during customer service interactions such as calls or emails.
The user participates in online and/or offline events.
The following personal information may be collected while the user uses the Service.
Device information (OS, screen size, device ID), date of sign up.
Personal information is used to manage membership and determine the device that an activation code is to be sent to.
Personal information is collected to the minimum extent required to provide the Services when the user signs up for the Services or while the user uses the Services, through the homepage, individual applications and programs, and any other authentication method needed for the Services. Such information is required for:
- Message transmission between friends, contact registration and suggestions.
- Notification of activities to friends, user search & sign-up.
- Service provision based on demographic characteristics.
- New service development, provision of various services, inquiry and complaint handling, delivery of notifications.
- Sending contents, etc. to the users of paid services, or shipping / payment.
- Prevention and sanction of any act that interrupts normal service operation of the service.
- Confirmation of participation in events; marketing and advertising purposes.
- Statistics based on service usage record, frequency service use; development of service environment to protect privacy.
mit messenger does not provide personal information to any third party without your consent or unless demanded by applicable laws.
The Services do not store personal information printed on paper records, printed matters, or documents.
The user's personal information is to be destroyed immediately once the purpose of the collection and use of personal information is fulfilled. The procedure and method of destruction is as follows:
Personal information stored in electronic file formats is to be deleted using technical means which make the information unrecoverable.
See details on the storage of personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
mit messenger is committed to protecting the user’s rights.
The user may view and edit his or her personal information at any time, and may at any time withdraw his or her agreement on personal information provision or unregister from the service.
Users may unregister from the service or withdraw his or her personal information provision by tapping the ‘Delete Account’ option in the Services, or contact mit messenger Customer Service via in writing, or through phone or email. If a user requests the revision of personal information, the user's information is not to be used or provided until the revision is completed.
For any inquiries, complaints, feedback or other matters related to personal information protection which arise while you use the Services, please contact the mit messenger Customer Service. mit messenger’s Customer Service will listen to you and promptly answer any questions you may have.
Privacy Protection Officer and Responsible Department
Contact: Customer Service
Please make inquiries to the following organizations if you need to report or consult in regards to the violation of personal information.
(Republic of Korea)
Cyber Crime Investigation, Supreme Prosecutors' Office
Cyber Terror Response Center, National Police Agency
However, any major change in user rights, including personal information items to be collected and the purpose of collecting thereof, will be notified at least 30 days in advance
Announcement Date: 18-June,-2018
Effective Date: 18-June-2018